BLBL 102 The life of Christ.

BLBL 102 The life of Christ.

Postby Tramnguyen » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:50 pm

As I come across the subject about the Life of our Lord, Jesus Christ, it amazes me that how I knew so little about Him. Because of His claim to be the Son of God, many people especially the Pharisees saw it as blaspheme and finally they tried their ways to put Jesus to death. What struck me the most is that I always thought it was them, the Pharisees and some of the Jewish people caused Jesus's death. But the person that caused Him to die on the cross was God the Father. That was why Jesus was so merciful asking the Father's forgiveness upon those who torn, spited, hurt Him because they knew not what they were doing. It was God who already planed it all for the Salvation of humanity, otherwise we would be dead in sin eternally. And it was Jesus, who is full of love, accepted the command to sacrifice for our sins although He had all the power and rights to reject or even escape himself from the cross.
Thanks to be God for His love upon us so that we are able to have the eternal life, and the the most importantly is the new life and transformation we received from the Spirit to shine out for God's glory!
Tramnguyen

Re: BLBL 102 The life of Christ.

Postby dmg1026 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:14 pm

Tramnguyen,

I too was completely blow away when I first came to understand the beauty of our Fathers sovereignty, working through man’s freewill, to accomplish the crucifixion of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:27-28 says; “For, in fact, in this city both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, assembled together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, to do whatever your hand and your will had predestined to take place.”

Clearly God was not the cause of His death, but as you said, the “pharisees and some of the Jewish people caused Jesus’ death.” I’m sure that they celebrated in the fact that they killed Jesus and thwarted His plans, yet little did they know, that they were only “pawns” in the Master plans. This shows the no matter what man plans, God has the final say and will accomplish His purpose!

Respectfully Submitted,

David Garcia
dmg1026

Return to BIBL 102 Manners and Customs of Bible Times